Sunday, November 12, 2017

Welcome Again to Our World

Today I decided it was a pretty good idea to talk about what life is like being a young mom with special need twin boys. My twins are now 4.5 and life has been pretty good,but it hasn't always been this way. In my first post, I want to be able to give you a little glimpse into my world and what it's like raising two unique boys,but first we need to go back a few years.
  Back in 2013 I went into preterm labor and I ended up having Nathan and Noah  15 weeks early. I was only 23 at that time and I never expected for what had happen to actually straight out happen!   Nathan and Noah we're born at 1lb 12 oz and struggled the whole 6 months in the NICU.   My significant other and I had no choice to be strong and we had to put everything we hoped for or wanted on the side burner. We had to make choices on the spot, face statistics  and then find hope to keep pushing through. Nathan and Noah eventually came home ,but life was different now. These two boys had many life saving interventions, surgeries, and medical equipment hooked up to their bodies for a total of two years, Personally, the world kept moving,but for our tiny family our world just became an adventure. An adventure that the outside world couldn't just understand. Prematurity plays a big part still till this day for our family, especially for our twins even at 4.5 years old.  Nathan and Noah have chronic lung disease, severe asthma, severe ADHD and anxiety And possible ODD and failure to thrive.  As a family we face many hardships, fails and wins, good days and bad days.
  I want this blog to be an inside on what it's like raising twin boys who see the world differently. I want this blog to help others feel like they are not alone when it comes to their children. I want this blog to be an open invitation to allow others to educate the ignorant.  
I am filled with so much knowledge and experiences because of being blessed with raising these two boys and I have and felt the ignorance. Inclusion is so important and I want to be able to show the world that living a unique life is more than beautiful. 
Throughout this blog I will be talking about special needs, routines ,what life is like for us, how self care and mental health play a big part in raising unique children and also the hardships that's come.  Basically, a look into my personal adventures as a mom living in Nathan and Noah's  world. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment